Fried chicken is always a hit! Whether you are a youngster or an adult, fried chicken always go on our favorite snacks list.
Here we have shared the recipe for making HOT CRISPY fried chicken. This fried chicken recipe is entirely new as we will be coating the chicken with Daal Moong. The coating of Daal Moong will bring an extra crispy touch to the chicken!
It’s crunchier than any chicken you’ve ever had before, requires fewer ingredients, extremely easy to make, and takes no more than 30 minutes!
Preparing Coating Mixture For Chicken
#1 (Rice Flour + Spices)
- Rice Flour – 1 Cup
- Garlic Powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Black Pepper Powder – 1 Tsp
- Chilli Powder – 1 Tsp
- Salt – 1 Tsp
- Mixed Herbs
In a clean bowl, add the above-mentioned ingredients. Mix everything well and set aside.
#2 (Buttermilk + Spices)
- Buttermilk – 1 Cup
- Raw Egg – 1
- Salt – 1/2 Tsp
- Black Pepper – 1/2 Tsp
In a clean bowl, add all the above-mentioned ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
*How to make Buttermilk at home?
- Pour 1 cup of milk into a bowl.
- Stir in a tablespoon or two of lemon juice OR white vinegar into the bowl with the milk. Stir to combine. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes until the milk begins to curdle, becomes acidic, and gets thick.
- Boneless Chicken Cubes
- Washed Daal Moong (Boiled)
- Oil – for frying
*How to boil Daal Moong?
In a pot, add 1 cup Daal Moong, and 3 cups of water. Cover and cook on medium flame (5-7 minutes) until soft. *Make sure you DON’T MAKE THE DAAL TEXTURE TOO MUCH SOFT!
- Coat the boneless chicken cubes with (Flour + Spices) mixture.
- Now dip the chicken cubes in (Buttermilk + Spices) mixture.
- Coat the chicken cubes for the second time with (Flour + Spices) mixture.
- Coat the chicken cubes with boiled Daal Moong.
- Fry in preheated oil on medium flame until golden.
- Serve with your favorite dip, chutney or ketchup.